Are you interested in the culture and history of Central and Eastern Europe? Do you already have good knowledge of the German language and would you like to improve your intercultural skills? Are you aiming for a career in international institutions, politics, publishing, the educational sector, scientific research or in journalism?
The two-year master's program in Eastern European Cultural Studies at the University of Potsdam trains students to become experts in the history and culture of Central and Eastern Europe.
The advantages of studying Eastern European Cultural Studies in Potsdam:
- The interdisciplinary course of study allows for a broad specialisation, creating a solid foundation for your career path in many professional fields
- No tuition fees are charged
- Spend a semester abroad at partner universities in Poland, Russia or Israel. Students are supported financially with scholarships
- Learn how to put your skills and acquired knowledge into practice by conducting an independent research project during the course of your studies
- Acquire and consolidate your language skills in Russian, Polish and/or Yiddish
- Study at our attractive and lively campus at Park Sanssouci in Potsdam near Berlin. Students receive a semester ticket that enables them to use public transportation free of charge throughout Berlin and Brandenburg
Interested students can apply with a bachelor's degree or a comparable university degree. The German language exam for university admission (DSH 2), knowledge of English at level B2 (CEFR) and knowledge of Polish or Russian at level B1 (CEFR) must be proven for a successful application.
Submit your application for the upcoming fall semester 2020 until August 15th, 2020.
For more information about the program, click here: https://www.uni-potsdam.de/de/slavistik/studium/masterstudiengaenge/master-osteuropaeische-kulturstudien
For more information about the application, click here: https://www.uni-potsdam.de/de/slavistik/studium/masterstudiengaenge/master-osteuropaeische-kulturstudien/bewerbung-und-immatrikulation
montags 9.00-12.00 Uhr
dienstags und donnerstags 14.00-17.00 Uhr und nach Vereinbarung